If there is one food that causes divisiveness during Thanksgiving, it’s Cranberry Sauce. More specifically, cranberry sauce in a can. I personally am not a fan of cranberry sauce, whether or not it comes from a can. So I don’t ‘hate’ it like some people do.
Below is a recipe that might help redeem Cranberry Sauce. Sounds pretty tasty.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more, to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, orange zest, sugar and 3/4 cup water over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in cranberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.